18 Kasım 2012 Pazar

Spicy Cilantro Honey Lime Chicken Thighs

To contact us Click HERE
I've always been a fan of dark meat chicken or turkey and usually have a good supply of chicken thighs in my freezer (thank you Costco).  I made this sauce one night to cover my thighs (I can't believe I just told you that. LOL).

This recipe will quickly add lots of zip and zing to your poultry no matter if you're serving breasts, thighs, legs or wings. So if you want to slather this sauce on your breasts on day, who am I to stop you!?!


SPICY CILANTRO HONEY LIME CHICKEN THIGHS

8-10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 limes juiced, plus the zest from one (always zest prior to juicing)
2 tablespoons sriracha (found in the ethnic aisle of the grocery store)

-Layer the chicken in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
-Mix the remaining  ingredients together in a small bowl.
-Brush the sauce over the chicken breast and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
-Preheat your over to 350 degrees
-Meanwhile, add the remaining sauce to a small saucepan and allow it boil and thicken and reduce by half (approximately 7-10 minutes)
-Place the marinated chicken in the oven for 20 minutes.
-Remove the chicken from the oven and brush with the remainder of the thickened sauce.
-Place the chicken back into the oven and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes (or until the thighs reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees.)
-Remove from the oven, cover and allow to sit for at least 5-10 minutes before serving.




The result will be a sweet, spicy, sticky and tangy chicken that will overwhelm your taste buds with it's deliciousness and make you giddy with delight. Well, at least that's how we felt. HAHA!

I served my chicken with some roasted butternut squash and sunflower seeds. It went together perfectly and was just right for a cool Autumn evening!


I hope you've enjoyed this recipe and will let me know your thoughts.  As always I appreciate your visit to my Kudos Kitchen!  You're always welcome so pull up a chair and sit a spell. Dinner will be ready in no time!

Until we eat again,
Renée


Share/Bookmark

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder