20 Kasım 2012 Salı

Quick, Easy & Delicious Turkey Taco Chili

To contact us Click HERE
I must have some kind of obsession with taco seasoning!! I feel like so many of the recipes I make/love have taco seasoning in them!

I also have a confession to make...I have never made "real" chili. Like, the red bean kind. My absolute FAVORITE is my sister Nicole's White Chicken Chili - which I make for my family all the time. They request it often, it's that good. So I really haven't had a reason to try anything different.

However, I was doing my weekly meal planning and was scouring through cookbooks for different dinner ideas. I found this recipe in an old church cookbook and decided I would give it a try. It turned out pretty dang yummy! And yet again it has taco seasoning, ha! I have a jar of homemade taco seasoning in my spice cupboard and love it! So feel free to make your own if you don't want to use a store-bought package. And seriously how easy is this recipe?! You just throw everything into a large pot and let it simmer for a little bit and VIOLA! Easy, quick, healthy, versatile meal. You can spice it up by using jalapenos or just stick with the green chilies. Make this yummy dinner for your family tonight!
Quick, Easy & Delicious Turkey Taco Chili:
Printable Recipe HERE

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. lean gound turkey breast
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup celery, chopped
  • 1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (4-oz) can chopped green chilies or jalapenos
  • 1 (15-oz) can chopped or stewed tomatoes
  • 4 (16-oz) cans beans, drained (I used pinto, kindey and cannelini)
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning (or 2 Tbsp. homemade blend)
  • 1 pkg. ranch salad dressing mix (or use a homemade blend)
  • 2 tsp. cumin
  • 1 cup frozen white corn
  • 1/2 cup water (or more depending on how thick/thin you like your chili)
Directions:
  1. Brown turkey in a large pot on medium heat. Add onions, garlic and celery when turkey is about halfway cooked through.
  2. When turkey is no longer pink and the vegetables are soft, add everything else to the pot and simmer for a bit. Spoon into bowls and enjoy!! 
Do you have a favorite chili recipe??
If you're looking for some more great dinner ideas, check these out:Amazing White Chicken ChiliHealthy Southwestern CasseroleHealthy Chicken Tamale PieSkinny Crock Pot Taco Stew

Click HERE to print this recipe.If you liked this recipe, PIN it! It would be wonderful if you followed me (via GFC) on the right hand side--> I'm also on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK too! Thanks! :)
LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:Flaunt it Friday, Weekend Wonders, Foodie Friends Friday, Foodie Friday, Stut Your Stuff Saturday, Weekend Wrap-Up, Spotlight Saturday, A Pinteresting Party, Tip Me Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Tasteful Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, From Dream to Reality Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Wicked Good Wednesday, Fantabulous Friday, Friday Fun Party,

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder