28 Kasım 2012 Çarşamba

Mom's Sunday Fruit Salad

To contact us Click HERE
Everything I learned, I learned from my mom. She cooked home-cooked meals for us six kids and let us help in the kitchen. The motto I heard from her whenever we cooked together was, "part of cooking is cleaning up!" Wise words that I never forgot. Thanks mom!

Anyway, about 10 years ago, my mom taught a weeknight homemaking class at our church for the women to attend. She shared some great salad recipes, whipping up some of our family favorites for all to try. Then she gave out a little plastic bound booklet of several typed-up salad recipes. I still have my copy! It's binding has broken off and has several stains on it, but it is my go-to salad recipe book.

This recipe is a family favorite my mom prepared often. Mostly to go with our big Sunday dinners {hence the name!} but you can make it any day of the week! It's creamy and versatile with a kick of citrus in it. It's one of my all time favorites to make for my family. You can add any fruit or mix-ins that your family likes. It's a yummy and simple side dish that compliments any meal!
MOM'S SUNDAY FRUIT SALAD: Printable Version HEREIngredients:
  • 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 3 Tbsp. orange juice
  • 6 Tbsp. pineapple juice
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 pint whipping cream
  • any fruit and add-ins (such as marshmallows or coconut)
Directions:
  1. Mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt in small saucepan. Add juices and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Cool.
  2. Whip cream and fold into cooked mixture. Stir in desired fruit and add-ins. ENJOY!!
*If using canned fruits, be sure they are well drained!*I always add pineapple to my fruit salad and just use the juice from the can for the juice needed in the cooked sauce. I also do the same with mandarin oranges if I don't have orange juice on hand and it works fine! *In the fruit salad photos: I added 1 can drained mandarin oranges, 1 drained can pineapple tidbits, about 1 cup sliced green grapes, 1 sliced peach, 1 carton fresh raspberries and then I added in 1 cup of mini marshallows and about 1/4 cup of shredded coconut. So yummy!
Click HERE to print this recipe.If you liked this recipe, PIN it! It would be wonderful if you followed me (via GFC) on the right hand side--> I'm also on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK too! Thanks! :)LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:Tasty Thursday, Back4Seconds Tuesday Social, Sweet Treats and Swanky Stuff, Tastetastic Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Foodie Friday, Friday Fun Party, Flaunt it Friday, Weekend Wonders, Sweets for a Saturday, Saturday Show & Tell, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, A Pinteresting Party, Family Fresh Meals, Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Tasteful Tuesday, Trick or Treat Tuesday, Cast Party Wednesday,

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder