15 Kasım 2012 Perşembe

A Boy Momma

To contact us Click HERE
A few months ago I had a conversation with my 12 year old sweet baby cousin when they came to visit. He told me that he was really glad I had a boy, because that's what he wished I would have.  So I asked him- "Why did you wish for a boy? He's just going to want to take your stuff when hes bigger" His answer kind of surprised me- he told me that he wished for a boy because anyone could be a girl Mom, but it took someone cool to be a 'Boy Mom'.  Boy Mommas have to understand trucks and dirt and video games and boogers and what makes them cool. Girl Moms need to understand ballet, and he knew I couldn't do that, so he wished for a boy.   When I first found out I was pregnant I wished wished wished for a baby girl. I had her name picked out (still do, and if the next kiddo is a boy I may stick him with it on principle), her room was planned (it was white, pink and shabby chic to the core), and I was already buying dresses online. Then I had my ultrasound and the lady gleefully announced "We have out door pluming!"  What the heck was I going to do with a boy?   I was going to understand how to play trucks, blocks, and ball. I was going to be outnumbered when it comes to watching Sports Center on TV. I was going to learn how to aim that little weenie down into the diaper, and to change him at lightning speeds when it is cold out. I was going to see the fun in playing in a bucket of nails, hammering a piece of wood, and digging in the dirt.  I was going to see the fun in buying boy clothes and dressing him like a little man from his hat down to his sneakers.  I really hope that someday I get to be a girl Momma...but right now I'm totally okay with the trucks, balls and trains.  Im a Boy Momma, and I'm proud of it.  

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder