19 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

Elfin' Good Coconut Caramel Cookie Brownies For SRC

To contact us Click HERE
I've been keeping this secret for weeks and today is the day I can finally reveal... THE BEST TASTING BROWNIES I HAVE EVER MADE!


And they're compliments of Ros and her recipe for Mint Oreo Fudge Brownies over at  The More Than The Occasional Baker.  

Believe me, it was extremely hard to keep this secret!! I made these brownies a few weeks ago for the October challenge of Secret Recipe Club and had to keep it zipped until today, the reveal day!  Thank you so much for sharing this recipe Ros. It truly was the best brownie EVER. I also enjoyed perusing your blog. You have so many wonderful sounding recipes that it took me quite awhile to settle on this one (but I'm so glad I did)!

In order to make Ros' recipe (because she is a food blogger from across the pond) I needed to use a conversion chart to change her recipe from grams to cups. In a few cases with some of the ingredients, I kind of needed to guess at the amounts because the conversions were just a little off with what I'm familiar with. I'm not quite sure why I had difficulties in doing this, but happily my "guesstimations" worked out just fine.

Ros used mint Oreo cookies in her recipe. But what I love the most about these brownies is that you can use whatever cookie you like, so I set off to the store to see what looked good to me.  I settled on these because they reminded me of  girl scout samoa cookies. Can you blame me?

 
ELFIN' GOOD COCONUT CARAMEL COOKIE BROWNIES

1  cup butter 
1 1/3 cups sugar
6 ounces  semi-sweet chocolate chips  
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 package of cookies broken into pieces (or, your call how many or what kind)

-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
-In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter.
-Add the sugar and whisk to dissolve.
-Whisk in the chocolate to melt.
-Add the salt and the vanilla extract. Stir.
-Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. (10 minutes)
-In a small bowl, add the eggs and whisk to combine.
-Add a small amount of the melted chocolate mixture to the eggs (to temper the eggs) and stir.
-Add the tempered egg mixture to the saucepan of the chocolate and stir well to combine.
-Add the flour and the cocoa powder to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well to combine thoroughly.
-Stir in 2/3 of the broken cookies, reserving 1/3 for the top.








-Butter and flour a 8" square pan.
-Pour the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan.
-Top with the remaining broken cookies.



-Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes our fairly clean.
-Cool completely on a wire rack and then slice and serve!

 






 

Share/Bookmark

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder