12 Ekim 2012 Cuma

Wonton Cups

To contact us Click HERE
All week, I've been looking forward to the weekend. Not just because it's the weekend, but because I have been planning to make homemade egg rolls. And finding this awesome orange chicken recipe yesterday sealed the deal for Chinese take-out-made-in night.

What does this have to do with wonton cups, you ask? Well, after making up all the egg rolls, I had quite a bit of filling left over. While the filling is certainly delicious on its own, I wanted some sort of cute vessel in which to present them. Enter wonton wrappers.

















This could possibly be the easiest recipe in the world, and a great base for many cute appetizers. Here, I just brushed the wonton wrappers on both sides with canola oil, and gently pressed them into a cupcake pan. Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 5 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing. Spoon in desired filling; in my case, an Asian-inspired salad.

I'm already dreaming of many other uses for these cups. A light coating of cinnamon and sugar, and you have a dessert cup... Ready to be filled with chocolate mousse or a small scoop of ice cream. Or, sprinkle with garlic and taco seasoning before adding some taco salad. The possibilities are endless!

Do you have any great ideas for these wonton cups? Add it in the comments section below!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder