2 Ekim 2012 Salı

Muffin-Tin Baked Crab Cakes

To contact us Click HERE
I'd had a can of crab meat tucked away in the back corner of my fridge for sometime.  I forget now why I bought it but I never used it for the intended purpose it was purchased for.

Luckily the expiration date on the can was well into 2013 so I knew that, when the time was right, I'd finally use that crab and make something yummy!  Last night was just that night!

However, having made crab cakes in the past and not having a whole bunch of success with keeping them in one "cake piece" while frying them in a skillet, I thought I'd make it easier on myself (and completely stress free), by building them in muffin-tins and then cooking them in the oven. I like to call this my "light bulb moment".

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!!


Here are the somewhat unconventional ingredients I used to make these ultra-delicious, super simple crab cakes.  With necessity being the mother of invention, I opened my cupboards and fridge, peeked in and came up with this recipe.  I hope you'll like it.  It got a full 5 stars from my family and I think you'll like it too.

MUFFIN-TIN BAKED CRAB CAKES
Preparation time: 10 minutesServes: 4-6Bake time:  30-35 minutes
4 tablespoons butter, melted1 tablespoon olive oil1 cup panko breadcrumbs 1 -16 ounce can of lump crab meat (you can use fresh if you have it)1/2 cup finely chopped celery1/2 cup French fried onions, crushed1/2 cup mayonaisse1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed (you can use fresh if you have it)1/4 teaspoon garlic powder2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest paprika for garnish (if desired)
-Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.-Prepare the muffin tin pan by combining the butter and oil and brushing it liberally on the bottom and sides of each muffin compartment, reserving the remaining butter and oil to brush on top.-Sprinkle half the panko crumbs on the bottom of each compartment.

-In a large bowl, gently stir to combine the remaining ingredients.-Using a spoon, fill each compartment with the crab meat filling.


-Brush the tops with the remaining butter and oil mixture and top with the remaining panko crumbs.-Sprinkle each cake with paprika (if desired).

-Bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes or until the crab cakes are nicely golden in color.-Allow to cool slightly before running a knife around the perimeter to loosen them and use a spoon to remove them completely from the tins.


Be still my heart!  These were AMAZING!!! 

While I'd like to claim that these are lower in calories than the traditional "fried" crab cakes, with all that butter and oil used, I don't think I'd be fooling anybody. LOL

I served mine with a quick tartar sauce I whipped up at the request of my son.  I don't really think they needed it, but then again, it didn't hurt them either.  (Recipe follows)

QUICK TARTER SAUCE

3/4 cup mayonnaise1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed1/4 teaspoon garlic powder1/8 teaspoon cayenne red pepper1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon zestsalt and pepper to taste
-Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve.

And now for some beauty shots.  To me it's the best part of any meal (other than the eating, of course)!!!


Thanks for visiting my Kudos Kitchen!  Please come again and pull up a chair. There's always room for you around my kitchen table :)
Share/Bookmark

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder