11 Ekim 2012 Perşembe

French Crepes

To contact us Click HERE
My husband served a two-year mission in Paris, France for our church some years back. He came home with this awesome little French cookbook. When we first got married, he started making crepes for me.
Now, before we go any further, I need to tell you that because my husband is fluent in French, he is very particular on how you say the word CREPE. If you just read that word and thought CRAPE - you would be wrong. :) The E sound is pronounced like Eh. The French way to say the word is: Cr-eh-p. Crepe. Doesn't that just make you feel French to say it like that?!
Back to my story...my hubby ended up changing the recipe in the cookbook several times (you should see the margins, all scribbled out and rewritten) and has made up his own version that are AMAZING. Like, best crepes EVER. My kids beg him at least once a weekend to make them. Poor guy.
Last weekend, we had the pleasure of having my in-laws in town for the weekend (Six Flags, baby!!) and what better excuse to bug dad into making crepes for the family?! So I pulled out my camera and begged him to let me take pictures and share his secret recipe for his famous 'Chef Cory Crepes'. He finally agreed! YAY!FRENCH CREPES:Ingredients: 
  • 3 cups flour
  • 6 eggs
  • 5 cups milk
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Directions:1) Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl with whisk.
2) We have a crepe pan but you can use any small (about 8") nonstick pan. Turn up your heat on your burner to medium-high. Spray your pan generously with cooking spray and pour a small amount of batter on your pan (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan). Rotate pan around until batter covers the entire bottom surface in a thin layer. 
3) Cook until edges of crepe start to raise and bubbles begin to form underneath (as below)4) This is what takes a bit of practice...shake the pan a little until the crepe is loosened and FLIP! You can also use a spatula to help out. :)5) Cook for an additional 30 seconds and serve warm with your favorite toppings! This recipe makes tons of crepes! I like to serve them with cut up fruit, fruit jam and whipped topping and my kids like cinnamon and sugar sprinkled inside and then rolled up (as below). There are tons of ways to enjoy these!Here's my bro in law devouring his crepe!The hubs says folding them in half once and then in half again, as the picture below, is the French way of eating a crepe. ENJOY!!
If you like this recipe - PIN IT!! Also, feel free to follow me (Google Friend Connect) on the right side bar --> and also follow me on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK too! I follow back! ;) Thanks!LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:Friday Flair, Friday Fun Party, Foodie Friday, Frugal Friday, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, A Pinteresting Party, Tuesday Talent Show, Totally Tasty Tuedsay, Tip Me Tuesday, Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Friday Favs, Pity Party, Fantabulous Friday, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Flaunt it Friday, Spotlight Saturday, Strut Your Stuff, Sweet Treats & Swanky Stuff,

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder