10 Ekim 2012 Çarşamba

Enchilada Quinoa and Chicken Stuffed Peppers

To contact us Click HERE
Pin It Now!Found this great blog...Ambitious Kitchen.  She's got all kinds of great recipes, and many very healthy ones.  When I found this recipe...for the stuffed peppers, well, I couldn't make them fast enough!  I'm being very stingy with my quinoa...I only brought back two boxes from France...so I want to use it with a dish I know I'm going to like.  (and I did)
This would work great as a vegetarian dish as well...just use all quinoa.  I made these following her recipe, but the recipe below shows how I would make it next time...mine came out a bit dry this first round.  It was a hit with the whole family...I use a very mild (homemade) enchilada sauce, so the hubby had to spice his up a bit.  The girls really liked the filling but weren't big fans of eating the pepper...though they both took three bites.  Rules are rules and all.  ;)We served it up with a side of chips and homemade guacamole (hubby's recipe).  Great dinner!
Ingredients3 bell peppers, cut in half and seeded1 cup cooked quinoa1 pound ground chicken or turkey1/2 cup cilantro, plus more for garnish1/2 onion, diced1/3 cup egg whites1 teaspoon garlic powder2 teaspoons cumin1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon black pepper1 cup red enchilada sauce1 cup reduced fat cheese of your choice, divided (we used gouda because it was all I had...tasted great too!)Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
  2. In a large bowl combine chicken, quinoa, egg whites, onion, cilantro, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese, and enchilada sauce. Mix well.
  3. Stuff each pepper half with the mixture. Top pepper with 1 tablespoon of enchilada sauce and 1 tablespoon of cheese. Bake for 45 minutes.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder