2 Ekim 2012 Salı

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

To contact us Click HERE
I was completely inspired to make this recipe by one of my favorite food blogs and bloggers, Stephanie over at Plain Chicken

With a name like Plain Chicken, you expect that that would be all she makes...chicken dishes.  Far from it!  Stephanie comes up with some of the easiest, most creative and just plain yummiest looking dishes that jump of the screen and yell, MAKE ME!!!   So that's what I did with her recipe for Kalua Pork and let me tell you, it did not disappoint!!!


Stephanie's original recipe only called for only 3 ingredients, one of them being smoked pork butt.  Being that I was shopping at Costco the day I decided to make her recipe, I wasn't able to find pork butt in Costco's meat case and had to settle on some pork sirloin tip roasts instead.  

Because I wasn't sure that the pork sirloin tip roasts I chose would become tender enough to shred with a fork (due to their lower fat ratio than the called for smoked butt), I tweaked Stephanie's recipe just a little to  compensate. Then,  I hoped for the best.  In any case I knew we'd be having some killer pork sandwiches either sliced or shredded...

SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK
Makes 12-14 large sandwiches
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time:   8-9 hours

2 Pork Sirloin Tip Roasts
1 bottle liquid smoke
smoked sea salt
fresh cracked black pepper to taste
6 ounces beer of your choice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
BBQ sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Buns 

-Place the meat in the slow cooker and pour the entire bottle of liquid smoke over both roasts.
-Generously salt and pepper both roasts.


 -Add the beer and the apple cider vinegar.


 -Cover and cook on high for approximately 5 hours.
 -Turn the meat occasionally during the 5 hour cook time.


-Reduce the heat to medium and allow to cook for an additional 3-4 hours (covered), turning the meat occasionally.
-Remove the meat to a platter and with two forks, shred the meat.  This should be extremely easy and will take no effort at all.


 -Add approximately 3/4 cup of the pork cooking liquid to the shredded pork and as much of your favorite store bought or home made BBQ as you wish.
-Add the garlic powder and gently stir to combine.


Serve and enjoy!!!


 Another reason I've become so fond of Stephanie and her wonderfully tasty food blog is because of the charming little chicken character that has become the iconic face of Plain Chicken.  I have a soft spot in my heart for this little chick and have painted him several times for Stephanie at her request. He's adorned many a wine glass, for many occasions, with more to come!  This little chicken sure gets around :)




Thanks for the wonderful recipe inspiration Stephanie and for the additional orders of the painted glassware!  You can bet that the list I have of favorite recipes to try from your blog is growing by leaps and bounds.  I can hardly wait to try them all :)



Share/Bookmark

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder