6 Ekim 2012 Cumartesi

Shrimp Tacos with Roasted Corn, Black Bean and Mango Salad

To contact us Click HERE
I'm sure some of you can relate to what I'm about to tell you. I'm always looking for new recipes and inspiration in the kitchen. And the possibilities are endless out there on the world wide web. Because of that, I have hundreds (not kidding, seriously hundreds) of recipes printed off and waiting to be created. Often times, I just never get around to making them for a year (or three).

On the other hand, there are those recipes that stop you in your tracks. You see one and think, "I need to make this now. Like right now." No ifs, ands or buts about it. The next 24 hours revolves around when I can get to the store to buy the necessary ingredients.

This was the case for these shrimp tacos (via My Baking Addiction). As soon as I saw them, I had to have them for myself! And not a moment too soon! And they certainly didn't disappoint.

















While I followed the shrimp marinade pretty much to the tee, I took some liberties with the salsa by substituting my favorite mango-black bean variety. The result was one of the best meals I've had in a while, and I will definitely make these again and again.

Ingredients
Shrimp
2 chipotle in adobo, chopped
1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 Tbs. brown sugar
1 lime, zest and juice
2-3 Tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
flour tortillas
Shredded lettuce or spinach

Salsa
1 1/2 c. corn kernels
2 tsp. oil
1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 c. chopped red onion
1/2 c. diced bell pepper (any color combo)
1-2 chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped

6 Tbs. olive oil
3 Tbs. lime juice
2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
pinch of pepper

pinch of cayenne pepper

pinch of chili powder


Directions
Soak 6-8 wooden skewers in water for at least 1/2 hour (for skewering shrimp).

Combine first six ingredients. Whisk to combine. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate at least 20 minutes (I did about 2 hours).

To make the salsa, heat 2 tsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add corn kernels and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.

Meanwhile, whisk together oil, lime juice, vinegar, cilantro, and spices in a small bowl. Combine corn, mango, black beans, onion, and peppers in a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Chill until ready to eat.

To cook the shrimp, preheat grill. Skewer marinated shrimp and grill until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.

To assemble, scoop some salsa into the flour tortilla. Top with 8-10 shrimp and shredded lettuce/spinach. Wrap and enjoy!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder