4 Ekim 2012 Perşembe

Pumpkin Button Picture {Sewing}

To contact us Click HERE


It's nearly October and even here in the desert we are beginning to fee a bit of Fall in the air.  This past weekend I taught a class at a Super Craft Day at church and this is one of the things that I helped everyone make.  It's simple and cute and was even fun to make!  I saw the cute idea over at Auntie Lolo Crafts last year and thought it would be the perfect thing for people of all abilities to actually make.  (That is the problem sometimes when teaching a class with people from many different  backgrounds.) Finding something that anyone can make and that is cute can be hard to find sometimes.



I first decided what size our project was to be.  When I found both black and white 8inch square frames from the .99cent store I knew that would be the best way to go.  I drew a simple pumpkin shape on paper, then filled it in with a variety of buttons in a shapes and shades or orange, with a few brown ones for the stem.  Finding buttons for a large group was difficult.  I started looking a few months ago and orange are the hardest to find.  After ordering from a few online places and buying everything I could find at stores in town, I found a great supplier online through Etsy.  The Little Red Cottage  was great to work with!  She had many options and got them out in the mail right away.



I cut out a square of burlap a few inches bigger than the frame and then I just started sewing buttons on with tan embroidery floss.  I gave the option of using orange but we all decided that the tan would give an added dimension to the buttons.  (You could use regular thread too if you want to.)  We also used all of the strands of floss so it would be thick, you only need to sew through each button once that way.   Some of the ladies in my class wanted to trace the pumpkin shape directly onto the burlap, as a guide, but many of us just started sewing and built from there.  The process is easy and fun and would be great for someone just learning how to use a needle and thread.



Once finished I put it into the frame, minus the glass so it can be 3-D, and then had to stand back and smile!  I put mine in a white frame because of where I am placing it but the pumpkins in black frames were just as cute.  It was fun to see so many ladies making them all at the same time because everyone put their own personality into their pumpkin and they were all a bit different in the end.





So whether I want it or not (YES I'm one that never likes to see Summer and the warm weather end) Fall is in the air and things are beginning to turn orange!  So what are you doing to get ready for October at your house?





Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder