2 Ekim 2012 Salı

Becoming My Own Wonder Woman

To contact us Click HERE
Since being on twitter (you can find me @kudoskitchen), I've been inspired by some amazing women to do/and try some amazing things.

Most recently I've been inspired to train myself to run in a 5K.  It's something I always thought I'd like to try and become (a runner) but something I never really thought I could honestly do.  After all, I'm no athlete and I'm certainly no longer in my youth.  I'm just an average woman (soon to be 53) who's going through...
wait for it...
menopause!!! (Insert creepy, dramatic music here).

In this stage of my life I'm fortunate enough to be dealing with raging hormones, menopausal weight gain and a severe case of identity crisis.  Oh, let's not forget those wonderful hot flashes, night sweats and a major inability to sleep through the night.

So why then would I decide now to become a runner?  Why not?

*It's time I put myself first on the list!
*It's time I start deflecting 'life's bullets' with my wrist bands!
*It's time I tie on my cape and acknowledge the fact that I am strong and I am capable!
*It's time to take back my life and not let the bad guys (excess calories and sedentary lifestyle) win!
*It's time to become my own...WONDER WOMAN!!!





So what does this painting video have to do with running a 5K you ask?  Not too much honestly. LOL
It was just a good way to introduce my video and tell my tale to anyone else who may find a little bit of inspiration in my life's journey and possibly want to join me in a quest to become better, stronger and more in control of life!  Are you with me? 

Running a 5K is not a prerequisite for taking control of your life.  It is an option.  It's one that I intend to see through (eventually) but it may not be an option that is right for you.  Just make a change.  Start small and see it through. Do it again tomorrow and then the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that.

Do it so you'll feel proud of yourself each and everyday!   Do it so you'll feel as though you can leap tall buildings in a single bound.  Do it and become your own super hero!!!


Thanks for letting me tell you my story.  I'd love to hear what type of things inspire you to become your own Wonder Woman.  I'm here for you if you like to leave a comment. I promise I'll respond because we all need to support one another in our quest.

Oh, by the way, all of my painted glassware is available through my shop should you decide you need some further inspiration :)

Have a wonderful day!!!




Share/Bookmark

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder