11 Aralık 2012 Salı

Sunshine Muffins

To contact us Click HERE
Hi friends! I guest posted a little while back on a wonderful blog named Love & Laundry. I shared my sister's recipe for Sunshine Muffins, which are the bomb!! ;) I recently made them for my family and wanted to re-share the recipe!  We go through a lot of cereal at my house. I try to buy the better-for-you cereals but they end up sitting in the cupboard, uneaten, for weeks. What my kids really like are the super sweet kinds that are void of real nutrition and full of artificial flavors and sweeteners. And they can eat bowl after bowl and be hungry again less than an hour later!
So I'll whip up a batch of these muffins for breakfast and my kids devour them! They taste so sinfully good. They're super moist from the grated carrots and apples and have a yummy, spicy flavor from the nutmeg and cinnamon. It's a sneaky way to get myself my kids to eat carrots and apples (without bribery) and keep them full longer. Plus it helps keep my cereal shelf full longer, too. Ha! And they are SO EASY to throw together for a quick breakfast. Whether you have kids or not, these muffins will be a hit at your breakfast table!
Sunshine Muffins:Printable Recipe HEREIngredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar (plus a little more for dusting on top)
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. nutmeg
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 cups grated carrots
  • 1 cup apple, peeled and grated
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
  • 1/4 cup coconut, optional
Directions:1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with wooden spoon.
2) Fold in remaining ingredients: carrots, apple, nuts and coconut. Scoop into 12 regular-sized greased muffin tins and sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. ENJOY!!
If you're looking for some more delicious breakfast ideas, check these out:Lean, Green Breakfast Machine SmoothieMy Hubby's Authentic French CrepesLight Raspberry Cream Cheese MuffinsNicole's Homemade Granola{Skinny} Oatmeal PancakesThe BEST Homemade WafflesClick HERE to print this recipe. If you liked this recipe, PIN it! It would be wonderful if you followed me (via GFC) on the right hand side, click on "Join This Site"--> I'm also on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK too! Thanks!
LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:Tuesday Talent Show, Trick or Treat Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesday,  

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder