7 Aralık 2012 Cuma

Christmas Garland {DIY Tutorial}

To contact us Click HERE
Adding a garland to your fireplace mantle is a great way to dress it up for the holidays.  After showing you how to make my fluffy no-sew fleece Christmas Wreaths a few weeks ago, I decided to create a garland to match.  So head back and check out how to do this simple wreath and you'll be ready to make yourself a matching garland in no time.


I started with a 12 foot strand of 50 LED (they stay cooler) Christmas lights.  They also come in shorter 9 foot lengths so decide how long you need yours.  I think it would be great to make a bunch of them and put them on a tree!  Also if you do not want your garland lit up then simply get a rope in any length you desire and you can do the same thing.  Easy!


Next you need your fabric.  Just like the wreath, you can use any type that you like.  For mine I used a creamy colored fleece.  I purchased one yard and didn't use all of it.  Next I cut my strips.  I cut the strips the same 1 x 8 inch that I did in my wreath. (remember I used either 6 to 8 inches depending on fabric choice)  Detailed instructions can be found on the Wreath post.  Then once cut I simply tied the strips onto the light wires.


Since the room I am putting this one in is already busy I wanted to keep the wreath simple so I did not add a bow I only tied on this ice skate ornament. 

The soft creamy color of the fleece and the light glow from the garland of lights adds a softness to my fireplace mantle.  It was so simple.  I cut and tied while watching TV with my family last night and then put it all together in a few minutes.  Now to decorate this room's tree!  I've been busy playing and haven't finished yet but I'm glad I took the time to make this garland and wreath because I really think it looks, as one of my instagram followers said, so dreamy!

Home Sweet Home
Do you hang any garland at your house?  If so where and what type.  When it comes to decorating for Christmas, do you put up the same things every year or add some new?





Shared here:
Whipperberry
Timewashed

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder