16 Aralık 2012 Pazar

Easy One Dish Turkey (or Chicken!) Casserole

To contact us Click HERE
For Thanksgiving this year, I cooked an 18 pound turkey. This was a pretty big deal for me because I've only cooked one other turkey before and I pretty much screwed that one up so I wanted this one to be perfect. I borrowed my friend Jenn's roaster and roasted up my huge turkey to perfection this year. I was pretty proud of myself! But when the big day was over, I had a whole huge container of leftover meat.After several days of eating leftover turkey sandwiches, I decided to try a new recipe for a turkey casserole. If you know me, you know that I seriously LOVE trying out new recipes. I found the recipe in the newspaper, had all the ingredients and it sounded wonderful. Well, it wasn't.

Epic. Fail.

Oh my word, it was awful! My boys wouldn't even eat it! So with more turkey meat still sitting in my fridge, I decided to just make my mom's old stand-by casserole recipe. It had been awhile since I'd made it. My boys were super skeptical after my first attempt but gave it a try anyway. Ending result? An enthusiastic two thumbs up! They loved it!!! My oldest hugged me and said, "Thanks for dinner Mom! That was so good! Way better than that other turkey thing." At 11-years old, that's a huge compliment and I'll take it! :)

There are a couple great things about this casserole.
1) It only uses one 8x8 pan. No mixing bowl needed!
2) Uses turkey OR chicken!
3) Tastes amazing - kid approved!

Since this is a basic recipe, you can adapt it to what your family likes! If you don't have stuffing leftover like I did, make up a new batch of Stove Top and throw it on the top. I make this year round and my kids love it!


Easy One Dish Turkey Casserole:
Printable Recipe HERE
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked, diced turkey or chicken
  • 1 can low fat cream of chicken soup (or make your own)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley (or 1 tsp. dried)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3/4 cup frozen peas
  • bread dressing (leftovers or make a quick batch of Stove Top)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Mix all ingredients except bread dressing in an 8x8 pan, stirring until combined. Spread bread dressing over top. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
  3. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Take off foil and let the top brown a bit. Serve warm and enjoy!

 If you're looking for more great comfort food dinner ideas, check these out:Skinny Cheesy Pasta BakeLighter Chicken Pot PieCrock Pot Skinny Chicken JambalayaHealthy Chicken Tamale PieMini Meatloaves & Roasted PotatoesClick HERE to print this recipe. If you liked this recipe, PIN it! It would be wonderful if you followed me (via GFC) on the right hand side, click on "Join This Site"--> I'm also on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK too! Thanks!
LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:Tasty Thursday, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Fantabulous Friday, Weekend Wonders, Friday Link Party, Foodie Friday, Weekend Wrap-Up, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Show & Tell, Spotlight Saturday, Tuesday Talent Show, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Trick or Treat Tuesday, Cast Party Wednesday,

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder