27 Aralık 2012 Perşembe

Can't Resist Rolls (The BEST Crescent Rolls You'll Ever Eat!)

To contact us Click HERE
I'm scared of yeast. I admit that I have a total bread-phobia. Baking bread scares me.I remember when I first got married, my mother-in-law bought me a bread maker. The first time I used it, the bread was as flat as a pancake and hard as a rock! I was mortified. I mean, who screws up bread FROM A BREAD MAKER?! I DO!!
Anyway, my sister Nicole is a great cook and she makes big yummy dinners for whatever holiday I'm in town for. She makes these awesome rolls. I devour them every. single. holiday. But three years ago, I found myself staying in California for Thanksgiving and I was SO bummed that I wouldn't be partaking of Nicole's amazing crescent rolls. So I did what any craving pregnant woman would do and busted out the cookbook she had given me that her church had put together. Lo and behold, there was her recipe for "Can't Resist Rolls".
I'm not gonna say I wasn't scared of screwing them up, because believe me I was! I had my parents driving over from Arizona to eat Thanksgiving dinner at my house and for the first time ever I was in charge of the whole turkey dinner. I definitely wanted the dinner to be nice. After reading the directions probably ten times through just to make sure I had it all down, I attempted to make rolls for the FIRST time ever! And guess what?? They were GOOD! And pretty darn easy!
Ever since that Thanksgiving, I make these awesome rolls for almost every holiday and sometimes just because. You better believe I'm making them for Christmas Eve dinner this year! You should too! They get prettier and prettier every time I do them. Practice makes perfect! :) So all of you awkward bread people, check it out! You can totally make these! And all you bread pros, check it out - these are awesome crescent rolls to make for whenever you have a roll craving. I've included pictures of most of the steps for those bread-challenged, like myself, ha!Here's what you need:
Can't Resist (Crescent) Rolls:
Printable Recipe HERE
Yield 4 dozen rolls

Ingredients:
  • 2 (1.4-oz) packages of yeast
  • 1/2 c. warm water
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 2 c. milk (I use 2%)
  • 1 c. oil (I use canola)
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 8 c. all-purpose flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 c. butter (melted)
Directions:

1.  In a drinking glass, dissolve yeast in warm (but not hot) water with 1 tsp. sugar. In a microwavable large mixing bowl (I used my big Pampered Chef one) warm milk, sugar and oil for one minute. Add salt.


2.  Add 2 cups flour and mix with mixer. Add eggs and beat. Stir in yeast mixture. Add three cups flour, beat again. Add last 3 cups flour and mix with a spoon.


3.  Cover and let rise 2-3 hours, until size doubles...


4.  Once doubled, separate dough into 4 equal balls.


5.  Roll out each ball individually into a 1/4" thick circle.


6.  Brush with melted butter...


7.  Add cut like a pizza into 12 pieces.


8.  Roll into crescents...


 ...just like this...

9.  And place on buttered cookie sheets - 2 dozen per sheet.


10.  Once all dough is rolled out, cover with a dish towel and let rise for another hour.


See? All big and fluffy!

11. Now bake 'em for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees F. If you don't want to make 4 dozen dinner rolls, make 2 dozen and use the rest of the dough to make cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, etc.

Seriously, these rolls are amazing. Give them a try and let me know what you think!


If you're looking for more side dish ideas, check these out:Brown Sugar Glazed CarrotsHomemade Soft PretzelsMom's Sunday Fruit SaladCreamy Yogurt Fruit DipSO Good Mandarin Orange Salad
Click HERE to print this recipe. If you liked this recipe, PIN it! It would be wonderful if you followed me (via GFC) on the right hand side, click on "Join This Site"--> I'm also on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK too! Thanks!
LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Foodie Friends Friday, Strut Your Stuff Saturday,

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder