22 Eylül 2012 Cumartesi

Strawberry Pie

With the strawberry season in full swing, we have been enjoying our share of this fabulously wonderful sweet fruit. Strawberries are one of my favorite foods to eat, so it's no wonder that every time I walk into the store, I'm picking up a container or two.

Here are a few recipes we've thoroughly enjoyed recently...
Strawberry & spinach salad, found here (p.s. Add some goat cheese...yum!)
Strawberry and lemon muffins, found here
The perfect waffles, found here, topped with fresh sliced strawberries

And a few I've bookmarked to try soon...
Strawberry lime yogurt popsicles, found here
Strawberry and cream cheese muffins, found here
Strawberry cake, found here


















While visiting my family over Memorial weekend, my sister whipped up a really easy, yet delicious strawberry pies using fruit straight from my dad's garden. This pie was devoured in seconds, it was that delicious. So when my dad sent me home with a big bowl of strawberries for myself, I knew exactly what I was going to make.


















Ingredients
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
1/2 to 3/4 c. white sugar
2 Tbs. cornstarch
1 c. water
1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry gelatin
4 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
fresh mint (optional garnish)
Whipped cream (optional topping)

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line unbaked pie shell with heavy duty aluminum foil. Bake for 8 minutes, remove foil, and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven to a wire rack. Cool completely.

Meanwhile, combine sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then cook an additional two minutes, until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat, stir in gelatin. Cool for 15-20 minutes.

Arrange sliced berries in the cooled pastry shell. Pour gelatin over strawberries. Refrigerate until set, at least two hours. Garnish with whipped cream and/or mint when serving, if desired.

Recipe via Allrecipes.com.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder