27 Eylül 2012 Perşembe

Chocolate Waffle Cookies

To contact us Click HERE
My Mother-in-law is a wonderful cook and used to cater before she started working for US Airways some years back. Every time she comes in from Arizona to visit us, she either brings a goodie (last trip it was these wonderfully disgusting suckers for the boys with a scorpion in the middle, gross!) or shares a recipe with me. A few visits ago she mentioned waffle cookies to me in passing and I definitely picked up on it and wanted the recipe. My Mom used to make something similar to these cookies but they were tinted pink with food coloring (I wonder if it's the same recipe without the cocoa??)
Anyway, I just bought myself a new waffle maker about a month ago so I've been trying to use it as frequently as possible. I found the recipe for the waffle cookies written on an old grocery list in one of my thousand recipe folders - I seem to collect recipes (am I normal?!) When I saw that this recipe has only SIX ingredients and is extremely easy to make, I was like, "kids, get out the waffle iron! Momma wants to make some cookies!" Haha! I think they were a little confused...cookies, with the waffle iron - huh??
But they turned out great!! Moist, soft, and chocolately rich. Absolutely delicious and the perfect size for my family since the recipe made about 10 cookies. We each had about two with no leftovers for me to snack on all night. :) You definitely need to give this recipe a try! I bet you already have all the ingredients, too!CHOCOLATE WAFFLE COOKIES: (recipe from my Mother-in-law, Nola)
Yield: Approximately 10 cookies, Printable Version HERE
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 6 Tbsp. cocoa
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
  • chocolate frosting, if desired (they're still good without it!)
Directions:
  1. Cream the butter and sugar, then add the eggs, cocoa and vanilla and mix until combined. Then add the flour and mix until combined, scraping down the sides. Mixture will be thick.
  2. Heat your waffle iron and spray with cooking spray. Take a scoopful of batter and place in each waffle grid and lower the lid. Cook for approximately a minute or two. Every waffle iron cooks differently but you can pretty much smell when they're finished. Peel out with a fork.
  3. Let cool on a rack and then spread chocolate frosting on top and sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired. ENJOY!!
BEFORE: AFTER: You can print your recipe HERE. If you liked this recipe, PIN it and make sure to follow me (via GFC) on the right hand side--> to see what I cook up next! (I follow back!) I'm also on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK too! Thanks!LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:Spotlight Saturday, Friday Fun Party, Fantabulous Friday, Flaunt it Friday, Foodie Friday, Frugal Friday, Fantastic Thursday, Friday Flair, Tickled Pink at 504Main, Back for Seconds Social, Foodie Friends Friday, Weekend Wonders, Shine On Fridays, Weekend Wrap-Up, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Sweets for a Saturday, Tuesday Talent Show, Tasteful Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Tips & Tricks, Trick or Treat Tuesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Uncommonly Yours, Lil Luna Link Party, Tasty Thursdays, Sweet Treats & Swanky Stuff, Full Plate Thursday, From Dream to Reality, Family Fresh Meals,

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder