30 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Stir-Fried Chicken & Vegetables

To contact us Click HERE
One gift that I received at my wedding almost ten years ago (wow I've been married that long?!?) was a stir-fry cookbook with a $20 bill stuck inside and a note that said "buy yourself a wok!" Sooo... that's what I did!! I still have the original one I bought those ten years ago and I love using it. There are so many good things about using a wok:
  1. You end up using more vegetables in your cooking = healthier dinner!
  2. It's a one-pan dinner = easy clean-up!
  3. Your house doesn't heat up just from using it (mine is the plug-in kind, not the one you use on the stove top) = perfect summer dinner!
As I was taking pictures of this dish, my husband asked me why I was putting this on the blog because "don't most people know how to make stir-fry?" Okay, so I know stir-fry is one of those really easy go-to recipes that everyone can make, but I still wanted to share this one with you. I love the sauce and flavor. It's not overly soy-saucy (I just totally made that up, ha!) and you can play around with whatever you have in your crisper drawer. My boys especially love the snap peas and mini corns!

Stir-Fried Chicken and Veggies: (Recipe adapted from here)
Click HERE for a printable version
Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 2 cups sliced carrots
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
  • 2 cups sugar snap peas 
  • 1 (15-ounce) can baby corn, drained
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1 cup cauliflower florets
  • 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
Directions:1) Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until starting to brown, stirring constantly.
2) Add onions, mushrooms and carrots and cook 1 minute. Add snap peas, corn, cauliflower and broccoli and cook 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and cook 2 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
3) Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth in a small bowl and add to wok. Simmer 2 minutes, until sauce thickens. Serve over rice. Enjoy!!
You can print your recipe HERE. If you liked this recipe, PIN it and make sure to follow me (via GFC) on the right hand side--> to see what I cook up next! I'm also on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK too! Thanks fellow foodies!! :)
LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:Tuesday Talent Show, Tips & Tricks, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Cast Party Wednesday, We Did It Wednesday, Uncommonly Yours, What's Cooking Wednesday, Your Whims Wednesday, From Dream to Reality, Sweet Treats and Swanky Stuff, Tastetastic Thursday, Hookin Up with HOH, Frugal Food Thursday, Show Off Your Stuff Party, I'm Crafty! Link Party, Full Plate Thursday, Friday Fun Party, Fantabulous Friday, Foodie Friday, Flaunt it Friday, Frugal Friday, Tickled Pink, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, Tasty Tuesday,

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder