6 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

The Softest Sugar Cookies & Buttercream Frosting

To contact us Click HERE
Today is my 10 year wedding anniversary!!! I can't believe I've been married for that long! It seems like yesterday we were getting hitched but I pulled out our wedding day pictures and we look like BABIES! Ha! I feel so lucky to have married such a wonderful person. Not to get all sappy on you guys, but this has been the best ten years of my life and I'm excited for what comes next for us!

Anyway, this recipe is so not healthy. I apologize, but I had to share! I made a bunch of these cookies to give my hubby for dessert tonight and I thought they also make a great Valentine's gift! I love giving sugar cookies to my friends, neighbors and my kids' teachers. I have tried tons of sugar cookie recipes, trying to find the one. You know, that one that you bite into and it's the perfect amount of softness and sweetness and just melts in your mouth and you can't stop at just one?? You know? You know? Well, this is that recipe. Absolutely perfect every. single. time. My friends and neighbors have all asked for this recipe so I'm sharing it with you. I found it on Peppermint Plum and it really is the best.
The Softest Sugar Cookies:
Print Recipe HERE

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions:
  1. In a mixer, cream butter and sugar and then add eggs and vanilla. Add sour cream. 
  2. In a separate bowl, combine salt, baking soda and flour. Add to butter mixture, creaming until combined.
  3. Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/4 to 1/3 inches thickness. {Yes, seriously. If you make it any thinner, they will be crispy and not as good! This is the trick to making them super soft!}
  4. Cut with cookie cutters and using a spatula, transfer cookies to baking sheet that has either been sprayed with cooking spray or has parchment paper on it.
  5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 7-8 minutes {Yes, seriously. This is another important step! Do NOT overbake!} They won't look done, but just trust me on this, take them out of the oven.
  6. Wait about 5 minutes and carefully transfer cookies to a cooling rack. (This recipe makes several dozen cookies but is easy to half as well.)
Buttercream Frosting:
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4-1/3 cup milk
  • food coloring, if desired
Directions:
  1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until crumbly.
  2. Gradually add milk until frosting reaches desired consistency. Add food coloring and stir until combined. Spread on cooled cookies and ENJOY!! They are SO good!
*recipes from Peppermint Plum blog
Looking for more yummy dessert ideas?Low-Fat Diet Coke CakeI Want to Marry You CookiesMom's Pound Cake{skinny} Chocolate Cake in a Mug
Print Recipe HERE

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder