6 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

Simple & Delicious Crock Pot Beef Stew

To contact us Click HERE
There's something so comforting about coming home to the smell of beef stew in the crock pot! Last week it rained almost every single day. I grew up in the desert of Mesa, Arizona so rain is actually something I enjoy. I HATE going out in it and getting wet but I LOVE staying indoors, reading a book, drinking hot herbal tea or cocoa and making something yummy in my crock pot. I also lucked out and found beef roast on sale at my grocery store. Woo hoo! So I decided I would make my family some beef stew.

I posted THIS yummy beef stew recipe on my blog last year but the recipe I'm sharing today is more of a simple version. Like one your grandma or mom made growing up. I love the basic, beefy flavor. My boys love soups and stews and they really enjoyed this one. It's a great way to sneak some veggies into them with no complaints! Give it a try a let me know what you think!
Simple Crock Pot Beef Stew:
Print Recipe HERE

Ingredients:
  • 2-lb. beef roast, cubed
  • 2 cups sliced carrots
  • 2 cups diced potatoes
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 2 tsp. quick cooking tapioca
  • 1 Tbsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
Directions:
  1. Combine beef, carrots, potatoes and onions in slow cooker. Sprinkle with tapioca, salt and pepper.
  2. Combine tomato sauce and water. Pour over beef and vegetables in slow cooker. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
  3. Cover. Cook on LOW 8 hours. One hour before cooking time ends, add frozen peas. ENJOY!
Looking for more easy dinner ideas?Mom's Chicken SquaresEasy Vegetable Pad ThaiSweet and Sour MeatballsCrock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Print Recipe HERE

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder