3 Ocak 2013 Perşembe

Making Peppermint Vodka

To contact us Click HERE
I don't know about you, but as we turn the corner from November being all about the pumpkin, December for me is all about peppermint!!!

Peppermint candy, peppermint cookies, peppermint cheesecake, peppermint coffee...Well, you get the idea!

So, when I saw this fast and easy idea in the December 2012 edition of Rachael Ray Everyday magazine, I knew in a moment I must make this drink!!!


This recipe is a no brainer and comes together in a matter of moments. Of course you can use whatever bottle you have laying around and even make your own label for it off your computer. But, if you're familiar with me and have visited here before, you know that I'm a painter and can't seem to keep my paintbrushes quite for long.  Before the peppermint vodka, I also dabbled in some limoncello and some Cuba Libra Rum (HO!HO!HO! it's a wonder I can still type!) LOL

This would make a wonderful holiday gift. Drink it straight or mixed in with some hot chocolate for a decedent cup of adult good cheer!!!

PEPPERMINT VODKA

1 - 1.75 liter of  vodka
1 package of candy canes 
1 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)

-Using a food processor, grind up all the unwrapped candy canes to a very fine powder.
-Using a funnel, add the vodka to a peppermint vodka bottle of your choice.
-Dry the funnel completely and use it again to SLOWLY funnel the powdery candy cane mixture into the bottle.
**TIP - Do not do it the other way around as I did. I added the candy cane powder first and then the vodka. All that did was form a hard candy mass at the bottom of the bottle that is still taking a long time to dissolve. If you add the vodka first, the candy cane powder will dissolve as you slowly add it into the bottle. Learn from my mistakes people :)**
-Allow the mixture to sit for a few days and then take a small taste test to determine if you need more peppermint flavor.  If so, add the peppermint extract.





There you have it. Simple, tasty, fun and festive. What more do you want for a holiday gift?  
What I do suggest however is that you have a few guards stand over it so nobody sneaks a taste here or there if you are planning on giving it as a gift. It won't last very long if you don't! HA! 

CHEERS TO A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!


Share/Bookmark

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder