3 Ocak 2013 Perşembe

Corned Beef Hash Strata

To contact us Click HERE
This is one of those "assemble the day before" casseroles. What I love about them is they're perfect for entertaining a crowd or a large family with basically no muss, no fuss. With little prep time, this casserole is a time saver for busy families for week night dinners, or even weekend entertaining.

I embellished a recipe I found out of Taste Of Home magazine and came up with what I'm calling the Corned Beef Hash Strata. 

I found some really amazing corned beef at our local Costco that I'm quite taken with. You can use any high quality corned beef you like, just make sure you have enough on hand. This casserole is nice and meaty, to round out all of that delicious cheese :)


CORNED BEEF HASH STRATA

1 loaf of swirl bread (pumpernickel and rye) cut unto 1" cubes
1 1/2 pounds cooked corned beef, chopped
2 1/2 cups shredded Swiss Cheese
1 package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
10 eggs
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

-In a large 13x9 baking dish, evenly layer the cubed bread, hash browns, chopped corned beef.
-In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
-Pour the egg mixture evenly over the corned beef and hash browns in the baking dish.
-Top evenly with the shredded Swiss Cheese.
-Cover and refrigerate at least 6-7 hours but preferably overnight.
-30 minutes before baking, remove the strata from the fridge and allow it to slightly come to room temperature before baking.
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Bake the strata (covered with aluminum foil) for approximately 40-45 minutes.
-Uncover and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted and browned.
-Allow to sit for approximately 15 minutes (loosely covered) before serving.









This would make an wonderful brunch course as well as a tasty dinner menu idea. Serve it with a nice lettuce salad and some wonderful veggies and you have a terrific and delicious meal that was quick and easy to prepare and ready to bake whenever you're ready to serve.

Some other suggestions I might have is to top the strata with some course ground breadcrumbs and maybe a little drizzle of butter before baking. Heck, everything's better with a drizzle of butter. I only wish I would have thought of that the day I made this. Another add-in I might suggest is some frozen, thawed and dried, chopped spinach in the layering. Mmmmm. That's my kind of add-in. However, my family is not a fan, so it's not something I could easily do. If you choose to do that, add a slight dusting of fresh nutmeg to the spinach to really bring out the flavor and make it extra delicious! Ooooh, be still my heart!!!


Grab a fork and dig in folks! It's hot, ready and delicious!!!

Until we eat again,
Renée




Share/Bookmark

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder