9 Temmuz 2012 Pazartesi

Pumpkin Pancakes with Maple Pumpkin Sauce

To contact us Click HERE
My opinion of rainy Saturdays differs from season to season. In the spring and summer, it's such a travesty. The overcast skies and steady pitter-patter of raindrops on the roof seem to mock me, reminding me of all the fun activities I could be doing outside. Could, but can't. You know, like fun activities I could have done on Tuesday - when it was sunny and beautiful - but can't, since I was at work. That kind of could, but can't.
This fall morning, however, it didn't seem like such a travesty. In fact, it seemed to be more of a relief. As the rain fell steadily outside, I shuffled around in my hoodie and wooly slippers. I perused Facebook and read the news while sipping on a steaming mug of hazelnut coffee. I watched an episode of Man v. Food (How does Adam Richman manage to eat that incendiary Phaal?). My biggest concern of the morning: What should I make for breakfast?



















Since my blog reader has been overrun by pumpkin recipes over the past few weeks, the choice was not difficult at all. The wonderful folks at Libby have provided a fabulously fluffy pumpkin pancake, complete with a warm maple pumpkin sauce (via One Ordinary Day). Word of the wise: Do not skip the sauce. It makes the whole dish; I could even eat it alone with only a spoon. My fingers even, if a spoon eluded me. With a sprinkling of chopped walnuts to top it off, we couldn't have asked for a more satisfying breakfast.
Ingredients1/2 c. all-purpose flour1/2 c. whole wheat flour1 Tbs. light brown sugar1 1/2 tsp. baking powder1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice1/2 tsp. salt6 oz. evaporated milk1/4 c. pumpkin puree2 Tbs. water1 large egg1 Tbs. canola oil
1/2 c. maple syrup1/2 c. pumpkin puree1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon1/4 c. chopped walnuts

DirectionsIn a large bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, combine evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, water, egg and oil. Mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened; batter may be lumpy.
Heat griddle over medium heat and brush lightly with butter. Spoon 1/4 c. amounts of batter onto hot griddle. Cook until batter starts to bubble lightly and cooked side is golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
To make the maple pumpkin sauce, heat maple syrup, pumpkin puree and ground cinnamon in a small saucepan over low heat until warmed.
Serve sauce over pancakes and garnish with chopped walnuts. Enjoy (we did).

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder