5 Temmuz 2012 Perşembe

Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza

To contact us Click HERE
After a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas this past week for work, I came home to a refrigerator sorely in need of cleaning out. Nothing to throw out quite yet, but definitely some cheeses, produce and other items quite near 'the edge,' if you catch my drift.
So I took to the web, and found an inspiring pizza recipe via This Week for Dinner. Pizza is versatile like that - take a little extra of this, and some leftover that, arrange it on some dough and voila! A delicious and flavorful pizza pie. Because really, so little can go wrong when you start with a base of cheese and bread.

















Oh, and how was Vegas you ask? It was actually my first trip to Sin City and I suppose my best one-word description would be "interesting." I didn't actually do any gambling (who has the extra $$ for that these days, anyway), but I did get to enjoy a few of the sights. The water and light show at the Bellagio was breathtaking, and the view from Mandalay Bay's Foundation Room was tres magnifique. Plus, it's amazing how much time, effort and money is invested in creating these amazingly opulent hotels. I could have spent the whole three-day trip just wandering around and snapping pictures of the hotel lobbies. I didn't have quite enough time to truly experience Vegas, but alas, perhaps I will head back soon again.

















Ingredients1 pizza crust (my favorite recipe here)1 c. cooked and shredded chicken1/2 c. caramelized onions (approx. 1 1/2 medium onion, sliced, to start)Handful of fresh spinach, chopped4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese2 oz. fresh Parmesan Reggiano, shredded3 oz. goat cheese2 Tbs. honeysalt and pepper to tastegarlic powder to taste
DirectionsPreheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Roll out pizza dough to your desired thickness. Drizzle some olive oil on the dough, and top with a sprinkling of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Top with 2 oz. of mozzarella cheese, then the chicken, caramelized onions and spinach. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, Parmesan and goat cheese. Drizzle on the honey.
Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned and cooked through. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Note: Topping amounts are approximate. Feel free to alter depending on what you have.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder